While we had most of the logistics figured out months before our trip, what to pack to enjoy all those plans was something I didn’t really get figured out until right before we left. Our plans for Newfoundland were pretty casual so I didn’t think there would be much of a change between our small town and city adventures but the temperature varies so I knew I needed to pack for all seasons. Four adults and one rental car meant I wanted to keep my bag small so that packing wasn’t a struggle. And I wanted to be able to hike, run, swim and just be comfy hanging out. With this packing list I was able to meet all of my criteria and enjoy our trip!
I usually travel with a 40L pack but since we had a rental car for this vacation I opted instead for a duffle bag. I used the Lululemon Everyday Gym bag and it was the perfect size and really easy to get stuff in and out of. It held everything I needed for 12 days.
I also brought along a MEC Flux sling bag to use hiking and as my carry-on and a smaller purse to stash stuff in when went for dinner or out for a coffee.
- Jeans (2 pairs) – I brought one pair of dark and one pair of light wash
- Shorts – I brought one pair of green khaki shorts
- T-shirts (3) – I brought two merino t-shirts and one cotton t-shirt. One of the merino shirts was a hiking shirt but the other two were for everyday wear.
- Leggings – I brought two pairs of Lulu Wunder Unders – one full length and one crop. I wore them to fly, hike and out for dinner with dresses when the weather was cool
- Long sleeved t-shirts – I brought two long sleeved t-shirts, one for hiking and one nicer one for wearing around. It can be chilly so they worked well to layer up over t-shirts
- Running clothes – shirts, t-shirt, long sleeved shirt and running capris covered all my running bases
- Dress – I brought a super comfy shirt dress which was perfect with or without leggings
- PJs – T-shirt and shorts
- Scarf – I bought a cheap infinity scarf and it was perfect for cooler days and napping on the plane
- Hooded sweater – I brought a simple black hoodie that layered over everything
- Rain coat – because it rains
- Puffy jacket – a last minute addition but definitely appreciated
- Under garments – I brought enough socks and underwear for 6 days and hand washed a couple of times. I packed a sports bra and two “regular” bras
- Toque and mitts
- Merino wool undershirt
- Running shoes – I used these to hike and walk around town
- Merrell Barefoot Wonder Glove flats – my favourite shoes. Dressy enough for going out but comfortable enough to hike in
- Flip flops
- Essentials – toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and dental floss
- Solid shampoo and conditioner from Lush
- Moroccan Oil – to smooth my curls
- Face wash and moisturizer
- Comb and hair elastics
- iPhone and charger
- iPad and charger
- Garmin watch and charger
- Pentax camera and charger
- Nausea pills – for boat rides
- Swim goggles
- A paper book (I mostly read on my iPad)
- Reusable shopping bag – to grab groceries
It sounds like a ton of stuff but I used everything I’d brought which is the sign of a good packing list!