Since the husband isn’t here to dissuade me from getting out of bed and making 3 minute microwave chocolate cake at 10 pm in my pajamas, I just had to try it. I think it turned out rather well for microwave-in-a-mug baking.
In a large, microwavable mug:
- Mix 4 tbsp flour with 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa.
- Then add an egg, 3 tbsp milk and 2 tbsp oil and mix again.
- Splash in a little vanilla and 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Make sure it’s really mixed
- Microwave for 3 min (I think my microwave needs a little less time)
It’s no replacement for “real” cake but is almost as easy as dipping a spoon full of PB into the chocolate chip bag. Why didn’t I know about this when I was a student?